Telcordia Technologies Specification of Signalling System Number 7
Document Number GR-246
Issue Number 10
Issue Date Dec 2005
Replaces TR-NWT-000246 Issue02
ABSTRACT: This document replaces TR-NWT-000246.
Issue 10 of GR-246, Telcordia Technologies Specification of Signalling System Number 7, replaces Issue 9.
GR-246 defines the procedures and protocol by which network elements in the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) exchange
information over a digital signaling network. This enables wireless and wireline call setup, routing, and control.
GR-246 covers the following protocols:
- Contains the fundamental specification of SS7, which is then used as a basis for other generic requirements documents for
Common Channel Signaling (CCS) network elements
- Is based on the latest ANSI T1 Standards agreements and is critical for vendor implementations and carrier deployment
- Ensures that SS7 messages are transported without alteration and ensures interoperability, potentially saving millions
- Lists all the signaling point codes assigned to network carriers
Issue 10 of GR-246 includes important changes, such as:
- Message Transfer Part (MTP)
- Signaling Connection Control Part (SCCP)
- ISDN User Part (ISUP)
- Transaction Capabilities Application Part (TCAP)
- Operation, Maintenance, and Administration Part (OMAP)
When using GR-246, you may want to refer to GR-82, GR-317, GR-394, and/or GR-905..
- Addition of a new section specifying interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the ISUP protocol
- Updated signaling point code assignment guidelines to assign point codes for CCS network use by carrier
- Updated signaling point code assignment list.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents