Operator Services: Switching System Generic Requirements Using Integrated Services Digital Network User Part (ISUP)
Document Number GR-1277
Issue Number 02
Issue Date Aug 2001
Replaces TR-NWT-001277 Issue01
ABSTRACT: Issue 2 of GR-1277, Operator Services: Switching system Generic Requirements Using Integrated Services Digital Network User Part
(ISUP), replaces Issue 1.
GR-1277 contains the Telcordia proposed view of generic requirements for the use of the Integrated Services Digital Network User
Part (ISUP) of Signaling System No. 7 (SS7) by a Stored Program Controlled Switching System (SPCS) to support operator services. This
GR focuses on the signaling functions carried out by an end office SPCS, not the OSS, to support operator services connections. This GR
also addresses signaling functions for tandem switches that are not OSSs.
In addition to the operator services-specific extensions to SS7 ISUP for the establishment of operator services calls over TDM
trunks, this document applies the same operator services-specific extensions to new signaling (i.e., Bearer Independent Call Control
[BICC] signaling) used for establishment of operator services calls over an Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) or Internet Protocol (IP)
backbone network. BICC is closely based on SS7 ISUP and is capable of carrying the SS7 ISUP service-specific parameters, such as
operator services-specific parameters.
Issue 2 of GR-1277 reflects the following changes:
To be consistent with ANSI standards, GR-1277 Issue 2 removes the conditional requirements associated with the signaling of the Local
Service Provider Identifier (LSPI).
- Issue 2 describes BICC signaling and the call scenarios in which BICC signaling is used.
- Issue 2 references the BICC generic requirements in GR-3100-CORE, for call scenarios in which BICC signaling is used, rather
than ISUP signaling.
- Issue 2 refers to logical traffic groups, rather than physical trunk groups, whenever BICC signaling is used.
- Issue 2 refers to Serving Nodes (SNs), rather than Stored Program Controlled Switching Systems (SPCSs), whenever BICC signaling is
- Issue 2 includes the Intercept codepoints that were adopted in ANSI T1 standards after GR-1277 Issue 1 was published.
GR-1277 replaced TR-NWT-001277.
When using GR-1277, you may need to refer to GR-317, GR-394, GR-3100, GR-391, TR-NWT-000444, and/or GR-506.
You may also want to refer to GR-505, GR-690, GR-692, and GR-1144.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents