Supplemental Service Control Point (SCP) Generic Requirements
Document Number GR-1241
Issue Number 07
Issue Date Dec 2006
Replaces TR-NWT-001241 Issue02
ABSTRACT: Issue 7 of GR-1241, Supplemental Service Control Point (SCP) Generic Requirements, replaces Issue 6.
GR-1241 provides support for the following features in a Service Control Point (SCP):
The information contained in this GR is meant as a supplement to GR-1280, GR-246, and TR-NWT-000029.
- Process Outage
- Load sharing of traffic based on 8-bit Signaling Link Selection (SLS) codes
- Congestion Control
- Message Transfer Part (MTP) Restart
- Signaling Connection Control Part (SCCP) Connectionless Segmentation and Reassembly
- Cluster Routing and Management
- Generalized Routing Procedures
- MTP Routing Verification Test (MRVT) and SCCP Routing Verification Test (SRVT)
- SCP Common Channel Signaling (CCS) Interface Reliability
- Additional SCCP procedures.
This GR is intended to inform SCP developers, CCS Network Service Providers, and others about the Telcordia view of the above
Issue 7 includes the addition of SCP functionality in an IMS environment, and incorporates the following:
GR-1241 replaced TR-NWT-001241.
- A new Section 2.8, "MTP Service Indicator Fields."
- Appendix I, "SCP Functionality in an IMS Environment.",
- The current Telcordia GR format bringing this document into conformance with the latest Telcordia publications and formatting
- Updates to the references and glossary sections.
When using GR-1241, you may need to refer to GR-246, GR-472, GR-478, GR-833, GR-1245, TR-NWT-000029,
GR-82, GR-606, and/or GR-1280. You may also want to refer to GR-512, TR-NWT-001112, GR-1113, TR-NWT-001229,
GR-2878, GR-3021, and/or certain ANSI T1standards.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents