Reliability and Quality Measurements for Telecommunications Systems (RQMS-Wireless)
Document Number GR-1929
Issue Number 02
Issue Date Feb 2005
ABSTRACT: Issue 2 of GR-1929, Reliability and Quality Measurements for Telecommunications Systems (RQMS-Wireless), replaces Issue 1.
GR-1929 presents reliability and quality measurement tools designed to assist service providers and suppliers in monitoring,
measuring, and understanding the performance of network elements. The measurements focus on various aspects of R&Q, system level
product performance, maintainability, and support of a particular supplier's system.
The requirements in this document will benefit wireless network service providers and suppliers who are in the process of
transitioning to the Third Generation 3G network. The requirements will also benefit those service providers and suppliers who are
concerned with the reliability and quality performance requirements for Network Elements (NEs) deployed in the wireless networks that
cover both voice and data.
Issue 2 includes the following updated information:
This document deals with wireless networks only. Wireline-RQMS requirements are contained in GR-929.
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS), General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), and Quality of Service (QoS) to
reliability and quality performance measurements.
- Wireless Packet Data Network (PDN) architecture with multiple protocols such as
- Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA)
- Advanced Mobile Phone System (AMPS)
- Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM)
- Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA)
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS)
- General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)
- Bluetooth/WiFi Technologies
- Framework for measuring the Quality of Service (QoS) for evolving wireless systems based on the 3rd Generation Partnership Project
(3GPP) Organization's requirements.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents