Telcordia Generic Requirements for Electronic Equipment Cabinets
Document Number GR-487
Issue Number 06
Issue Date Dec 2022
Replaces GR-2927 Issue00
ABSTRACT: All New Issue 6 ... Telcordia Requirements for Electronic Equipment Cabinets
GR-487, Issue 6, Telcordia Generic Requirements for Electronic Equipment Cabinets replaces Issue 5. It provides the latest
criteria (2022) for analyzing electronic equipment cabinets used in a variety of outside plant environments and applications, including
wireless. It includes proposed functional design criteria, generic mechanical and environmental requirements, desired features, and
performance tests. The changes in issue 06 are based on industry comments and questions that have been received since the publication
of GR-487-CORE, Issue 5. The intent of Issue 6 is to add clarity to test procedures and requirements. It can be assumed that products
that meet the requirements of Issue 5 would also meet the requirements of Issue 6 without requiring any additional testing.
What's New in Issue 6?
Changes in Issue 6 include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clarification on the use of multiple samples for test procedures.
- Clarified a review of polymeric materials inside a cabinet and the testing of wire ties.
- Provides alternatives for determining cabinet color
- Discusses fan testing and analysis
- Discusses how to handle solar absorption if the supplier cannot provide detail levels
- Under Acoustical Noise Emissions it discusses rational and provides information on noise levels
- Includes calculations for testing a wind speed of 160 mph under Wind Resistance
- For Firearms Resistance provides information on an alternative ammunition
- Under Salt Fog provides a washing procedure and EUT evaluation
- Appendix A, provides updated and clearer photo for Evaluating Dust Accumulation and Wind-Driven Rain Test
GR-487 replaced TR-TSY-000487, TA-NWT-000487, GR-2927, and PUB-55007.
When using GR-487, you may need to refer to GR-3108, GR-63, GR-209, TR-NWT-001011, TR-NWT-001293, GR-2836,
and/or various ANSI, MIL-STD, UL, and ASTM test methods. You may also want to refer to GR-13, GR-26, GR-43, GR-839,
GR-937, GR-950, and/or GR-2832.
Components of this product are: